Does Lye Kill Rats

There is a popular misconception that lye can be used to kill rats. This is not true. Lye is a corrosive chemical and can cause serious burns.

There is a popular misconception that lye can be used to kill rats. This is not true. Lye is a corrosive chemical and can cause serious burns.

It is also highly poisonous if ingested. There is no evidence that lye is effective in killing rats.

Does lye kill rats?

Lye will kill rats if they ingest it but it is not the most effective method of rat control.

How does lye kill rats?

Lye is a strong alkaline substance that causes burns.

If ingested it will cause burns to the rat’s mouth throat and stomach which can lead to death.

What are some other ways to kill rats?

There are many ways to kill rats including traps poisons and shooting.

Is lye the only way to kill rats?

Lye is one way to kill rats but it is not the most effective method.

What are some of the risks of using lye to kill rats?

Some of the risks of using lye to kill rats include exposure to the substance accidental ingestion and contact with skin or eyes.

How do you use lye to kill rats?

To use lye to kill rats you would need to mix it with water and bait it with food.

The rat would then ingest the lye and die.

What are some of the benefits of using lye to kill rats?

Some of the benefits of using lye to kill rats include that it is a relatively cheap and easy method.

How effective is lye at killing rats?

Lye is effective at killing rats if they ingest it but it is not the most effective method of rat control.

Where can you buy lye?

Lye can be bought at hardware stores some grocery stores and online.

What are some of the dangers of using lye?

Some of the dangers of using lye include exposure to the substance accidental ingestion and contact with skin or eyes.

How should you store lye?

Lye should be stored in a cool dry place away from children and pets.

How long does lye last?

Lye can last for years if stored properly.

What should you do if you accidentally ingest lye?

If you accidentally ingest lye you should immediately drink milk or water and seek medical attention.

What should you do if you come into contact with lye?

If you come into contact with lye you should immediately rinse the area with water and seek medical attention.

What are some of the uses for lye?

Some of the uses for lye include making soap cleaning drains and removing rust.

..

Elizabeth L. Berg

The writer has more than one publication on rats to her credit, and they are focused on important factors about rats. She is of the MIND Institute and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA, United States.

Leave a Reply